Get plugged into an IT career
Our ICT50118 Diploma of Information Technology will provide you with the knowledge and skills to tackle and solve real-world problems in an IT role. The Diploma is designed across key areas such as security and networking, as well as administration and management of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in a variety of workplace settings.
You’ll become proficient in implementing and managing information systems and software including Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems and Virtualisation Platforms.
If you want to, or are currently administering and managing ICT infrastructure, this qualification could be for you.
The benefits of completing our IT Diploma could provide you with:
- Recognition of the knowledge and skills you have worked hard to obtain
- An opportunity to solidify and formally recognise on-the-job skills and experience you have developed
- Opportunities to use previous knowledge and other training to further tangible knowledge and skills
- Clear articulation pathways for higher education and on-going career development
You'll Learn To:
- Identify ICT requirements in a business environment to provide hardware and software solutions
- Locate and rectify network problems
- Understand how to design, configure and test network servers
- Manage the security of a network
- Set-up a virtual computing environment
- Oversee and coordinate IT projects
ICT50118 Diploma of Information Technology
Our ICT50118 Diploma of Information Technology has 20 units structured into 3 major clusters of learning. Each cluster contains units grouped into core study areas that are covered during the 15-month qualification. The tuition fee for this course is $5,450.
The units that belong to each cluster of learning are outlined in the table below.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements|
|ICTICT501||Research and review hardware technology options for organisations|
|ICTSAS518||Install and upgrade operating systems|
|ICTSAS510||Review and develop ICT maintenance strategy|
|ICTNWK516||Determine best-fit topology for a local network|
|ICTNWK532||Identify and resolve network problems|
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation|
|ICTNWK504||Design and implement an integrated server solution|
|ICTNWK505||Design, build and test a network server|
|ICTSUS501||Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system|
|ICTSAS506||Update ICT system operational procedures|
|ICTNWK511||Manage network security|
|ICTSAS505||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|ICTPRG511||Monitor and support data conversion to new ICT system|
|ICTPMG501||Manage ICT projects|
|ICTWEB504||Build a document using eXtensible markup language|
|ICTWEB506||Develop complex cascading style sheets|
|ICTWEB505||Develop complex web page layouts|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
The Australian Institute of ICT holds regular induction and orientation sessions, plus rolling starts for workshops and tutorials, so you can start learning when it suits you. Eligibility Requirements apply.
What happens next?
Here’s what you can expect after you’ve applied.
- A course advisor will call to chat about your course and set up a time for you to get started.
- You will then be invited to complete the Student Application process which includes a Pre-Enrolment Profile and Capability Quiz.
- Once your student application has been submitted, you can go on to complete the enrolment process or contact your course advisor.
- If all your documentation is in order, you will then be invited to attend an online orientation and you will be ready to start studying.
The total course cost including enrolment fee is $5,450.
To apply to any course at AIICT, there is a once off $350 enrolment fee per course enrolment (each time you enrol into a course). The enrolment fee must be paid in full before your application is considered. If you are successful the full course fee is $5,100.
Cluster 1 tuition fee – $1,500
Cluster 2 tuition fee – $1,800
Cluster 3 tuition fee – $1,800
Payment of invoice
AIICT offer payment plans to support students through their financial obligations of studying,
dividing the total course fees into 15 equal monthly payments of $340.00 for the duration of the course.
Alternatively, students can pay up to a maximum of $1500.00 prior to each cluster with the outstanding balance to be paid through a payment plan.
If you have any questions about how the payment plan works, simply reach out to our customer service team on 1800 515 110 or email us at [email protected]
The ICT50118 Diploma of Information Technology covers the learning material for the following vendor aligned courses:
- Microsoft MD-100 – Windows 10
- Microsoft 20740 – Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft 20741 – Networking with Windows Server 2016
Vendor certifications can be included at an additional cost. Please discuss this with your Trainer or Course Advisor.