Launch your career in cybersecurity
Our Certified Cybersecurity Professional course will prepare you for a career in an industry with 0% unemployment. This interactive online course will take you from zero industry experience to a job ready, front line Cybersecurity Analyst in less than six months.
The course includes three certifications from CompTIA, certifications which are accredited by International Organisation for Standardisation and the American National Standards Institute (ISO/ANSI). Please note, this program is not accredited under the Australian Qualifications Framework – Head to courses to view AIICT’s Nationally Accredited Qualifications.
The combination of accreditation and through consultation with our Advisory Board of industry leaders, AIICT ensures that the course prepares you for the latest roles in cybersecurity.
The benefits of completing our Certified Cybersecurity Professional could provide you with:
- The course will develop your foundational skills in Networking and IT to give you a sound understanding of best practice
- On course completion and successful passing of the four exams (included in the course), you will receive three certifications in globally recognised CompTIA course content as well as an AIICT Certified Cybersecurity Professional certification
- This course offers integrated online learning at its best, with video content, online quizzes and demonstration labs
- You will be guided through the course by a course mentor, available on business days for live chat support, or contact at any time of the day and your queries will be responded to on the same business day
- You can connect with your peers through an online messaging platform Slack, as well as through our learning management system (LMS)
- Our online simulation partner will provide you with a platform to compete with your classmates in real world simulation attacks
- You will have access to our Industry Partner Program, connecting you to the best companies currently hiring in cybersecurity
You'll Learn About:
- The foundational skills required to understand networking as a base to start to explore the security measures required to protect them
- Key threats and vulnerabilities which organisations face on a daily basis and how to prepare and protect from these in case of a cyber attack
- How to implement a sound network architecture to provide the best possible defense against cyber attacks
Certified Cybersecurity Professional
The Certified Cybersecurity Professional is made up of 3 Certifications.
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications in the world. It is considered one of the IT industry’s top trade associations and has issued over 2 million certifications worldwide, in it’s 20 year history.
Each Certification is comprised of numerous courses. The Certification structure is outlined below.
CompTIA A+ is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles.
• Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
• Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
• Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
• Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
• Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
• Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
CompTIA Network+ helps develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks.
• Design and implement functional networks
• Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
• Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
• Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
• Implement network security, standards, and protocols
• Troubleshoot network problems
• Support the creation of virtualised networks
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills one needs to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
• Analyse indicators of compromise and determine the type of malware
• Compare and contrast types of attacks
• Explain threat actor types and attributes
• Explain penetration testing concepts
• Explain vulnerability scanning concepts
• Install and configure network components, both hardware and software-based, to support organisational security
• Use appropriate software tools to assess the security posture of an organisation
• Troubleshoot common security issues
• Deploy mobile devices securely
• Implement secure protocols
• Compare and contrast identity and access management concepts
• Implement identity and access management controls
• Explain the importance of policies, plans and procedures related to organisational security
• Explain risk management processes and concepts
• Follow incident response procedures
• Summarise basic concepts of forensics
• Explain disaster recovery and continuity of operation concepts
• Compare and contrast basic concepts of cryptography
Sharpen your soft skills
Candidates entering the cybersecurity industry with the right soft skills are in high demand. To succeed in your first role ensure you have the right soft skills.
1. Effective influencing skills
2. Working within agile projects
3. Developing your critical thinking skills
4. Problem solving and root cause analysis
5. Effectively manage risk
6. Building professional relationships
7. Collaborating across team for creativity
8. Communicating with intent
Industry Partner Program
AIICT has partnered with leading employers in Australia to develop a course which prepares you for a role as a front line Cybersecurity Analyst. The course content is developed with the latest content, certifications and simulation software to prepare you for your career.
With successful completion of the course, you will be eligible to take part in the Industry Partner Program where we connect you with those recruiting for front line roles in the market. As you progress through the course, your profile page will automatically be populated with your course data. If you choose to take part in the program, your profile will be made available to employers to review, screen and match with you, as they choose.
The course requires no prerequisites; even if you are brand new to IT, with the right attitude and appetite to learn, you will be able to join the course.
Course dates are set, so you will join a cohort of students who you can connect with through an online messaging platform Slack, as well as through our learning management system (LMS). We call the mode of study, start together, finish whenever, meaning that you can learn at your own pace. If you find that some weeks you have more time to devote, you can race ahead. Also, if you are busier than usual, you can take your time with your studies.
While there are no prerequisites for the course, you will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer with a reliable internet connection.
AIICT accepts no responsibility for personal electronic devices that are utilised for the course and undertakes no responsibility to investigate their damage.
The course includes four exams across three certifications that need to be undertaken in-person at a testing centre near you. The cost of the exams is included in the cost of the course. AIICT will provide you with exam vouchers in order to register for these exams.
What happens next?
Here’s what you can expect after you’ve applied.
- A course advisor will call to chat about your course and answer any questions you may have
- You can go on to complete the online enrolment process or contact your course advisor with any questions you might have
- Once enrolled, you will be invited to attend an online orientation and you will be ready to start studying with the next cohort of students
The total course cost including enrolment fee is $4,950 incl. GST.
AIICT offers the below payment options.
1. Upfront upon enrolment (on invoice)
AIICT offers the option to pay for the course upfront, at which point students would be invoiced for $4,950 in full.
2. Payment Plan
AIICT offer payment plans to support students through their financial obligations of studying, with an initial payment of $1,500 to enrol into the course, followed by six equal monthly payments of $575. AIICT will have to have received at least 2 of these payments before students receive exam vouchers for each certification level.
If you have any questions about how payment plans work, simply reach out to our customer service team on +61 (02) 8069 6050 or email us at [email protected]